I doubt any but the fanciest washers and dryers would consume power when
off. Unless they show lights or other displays when off I'd not worry about
them.

I bet same with the heat pump, although there might be an active transformer
in that.

Our electric utility, PGE just updated our meters to "smart meters"
they can read remotely.  Apparrently they havn't allowed a means for us to
monitor continuous power use via the internet.
That seems like it'd be a very usefull thing, and shouldn't be that hard.

Of course they updated the meters to save the company money by getting rid
of jobs, all the rest of there claims for them are hype.

tom