As those of you who have them will doubtless understand, dehumidifiers are
infernally noisy.  The table I have mine on is delaminating.  I don’t know
if it got wet at some point, or if the dehumidifier’s just vibrating it to
death.  In any case, my next adventure is going to be to build a replacement
table.

I’m almost done with the shop vac silencing cabinet, and as usual, I bought
too much acoustical tile.  So, the plan is to make a table with a floor,
roof, and two sides, and line all four surfaces with acoustical (or is that
just acoustic) tile in the hope it will quiet things down some.

So, my question:

If I just have the tile on the floor of this box, the dehumidifier will very
quickly vibrate it’s way through it, and the wheels will touch the tabletop.
So, would it be better from an acoustics standpoint to remove the wheels and
have the whole surface of the bottom of the unit setting on the acoustic
tile, or should I put something like a piece of ¼ inch plywood under the
wheels, it would most likely have to be the same size as the tabletop itself
to keep from sinking.

I know we have some folks who know way more than I about how sound actually
travels, so I’ll quit now and hope they give some suggestions/answers.

Thanks in advance.