From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Max Robinson
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 20:57
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Antenna construction question

You don't ground the antenna. You ground the ground terminal of the
receiver, if it has one. That gives the antenna something to work against.
Having an antenna without a ground is like trying to operate a light bulb
from one wire. You always need two wires to make a complete circuit. Some
types of balanced antennas, such as those for FM and TV, don't need a ground

to work. Their lead-in has two wires already. Some receivers will ground
themselves through the power line.

Regards.

Max. K 4 O D S.

Email: m...@maxsmusicplace. <mailto:max%40maxsmusicplace.com> com

Transistor site http://www.funwitht <http://www.funwithtransistors.net>
ransistors.net
Vacuum tube site: http://www.funwitht <http://www.funwithtubes.net> ubes.net
Music site: http://www.maxsmusi <http://www.maxsmusicplace.com> cplace.com

funwithtubes- <mailto:funwithtubes-subscribe%40yahoogroups.com>
subscr...@yahoogroups.com