I realize my last message was not appropriate.  I apologize for any offense I
caused.

I feel a more constructive comment would serve the list better.

I have had 3 different tablesaws, 3 lathes, 2 drill presses and 4 different
routers during the past 20 years or so.  I really don't
like spending money on the next higher tool when the model I am looking at will
do the job.  Why should I buy the Porter Cable
router when the Ryobi has the same specs?  Well, the answer is you don't know
what you are going to use it for.  If you can afford
the next higher model, buy it.  Chances are, you will find a use for that extra
horse power or larger capacity.  Also, if the tool
doesn't have to work as hard, it will last longer.  I say buy tools for life
not a project.  It took me a long time to figure that
one out.

Terry
On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 22:24:43 -0500you write: