Aloha everyone,
It's time to replace the counters in our kitchen and we have been
advised that since our cabinets are 30 years old and were not the
best quality to begin with, that we really need to replace the
cabinets also. We were planning to install vinyl in the kitchen to
match the vinyl that we put in the entry way and in part of my
office, but now they are suggesting that since we are going to
replace the cabinets, that we should wait until the cabinets have
been removed, then install the vinyl and then put the cabinets on top
of the vinyl. Is that usual?

I am wanting thoughts and ideas about this project. Do any of you
have items in your kitchens that you really like or dislike? I was
looking at some lazy-susan units that look like they would be very
helpful, but I just don't know how well they hold up and if they are
truly sturdy. Besides suggesting that I move out until the job is
done, I welcome any and all suggestions. Perhaps I can get my husband
to take a vacation while the work is being done. That would really be
of great help,...grin.
Thanks, Betsy