Hi,

I am very interested in learning how to sharpen chisels, knives, and
hand planers.  Is this something that I should consider doing with an
oil or water stone?  Or is it possible to get an attachment for my
grinder to take care of sharpening in one step?  It seems like there was
a conversation a long time ago about a machine that had a bar that could
be set for a particular angle and one could run their blade across it
for sharpening.

I have heard of people using several steps in the sharpening process.
One step is a mild stone with 200 grit, then a 400 grit and then a
leather strap or buffing wheel for polishing.

As you can tell, I am at the learning end of this sharpening gig.  Is
there a sharpening FAQ that Ray or anyone else has put together on the
topic?

  Thanks,

Keith