  From: Keith Christian
  To: Blind Handyman
  Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 11:20 PM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Sharpening blades

  Hi,

  I am very interested in learning how to sharpen chisels, knives, and
  hand planers. Is this something that I should consider doing with an
  oil or water stone? Or is it possible to get an attachment for my
  grinder to take care of sharpening in one step? It seems like there was
  a conversation a long time ago about a machine that had a bar that could
  be set for a particular angle and one could run their blade across it
  for sharpening.

  I have heard of people using several steps in the sharpening process.
  One step is a mild stone with 200 grit, then a 400 grit and then a
  leather strap or buffing wheel for polishing.

  As you can tell, I am at the learning end of this sharpening gig. Is
  there a sharpening FAQ that Ray or anyone else has put together on the
  topic?

  Thanks,

  Keith