Some may disagree, and others may not get away with it. But along a long
path, where there is a fence asside it; I leave it snowy.
I go stomping a good bit, but leave it. I have found it is more tiresome
to walk, but safer than when you get a little rain or freezing over a
freshly shoveled walk way.
There always seems to be some thin moisture that can make the path
hazzardous. Steps I put down ice melt, then shovel the worked area toward
somewhere that the ice melt may also do good, like further along where I
must shovel.