  From: Tom Hodges
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 10:44 AM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Electrical breaker and Dimmer

  Okay Everyone, . Is there anyone out there who can help me with a weird
  Dimmer switch problem? I have a light fixture hanging from the ceiling, on
  a chain, about one foot long. The Fixture has a glass Globe about one foot
  in diameter,. Yesterday I bumped the glass globe with a piece of plywood,.
  It Didn't bump it very hard and it did not break the glass,. The light went
  out and it wasn't the bulb, it was the breaker,. That is the first thing I
  don't understand,. Why did the breaker pop? I would thihnk the bulb would
  go bad if anything,. I reset the breaker and the light came on, but now the
  dimmer switch won't work anymore,. I can push the round knob to turn the
  light on and off, but when I turn the knob it just stays on bright.,
  Anyone know what is going on here? I can't figure out why the breaker
  kicked out, and I can't figure out why the Dimmer switch broke.

  Anyone have any ideas?

  Thanks, Tom Hodges