  From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]on Behalf Of clifford
  Sent: Monday, June 08, 2009 9:02 PM
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] portable drill & saw combo

  Dear Al:
  There are several brands of cordless tools which use the same battery for
different tools. I have a drill and an electric nailer which use the 18 volt
battery. These were from Dewalt. Milwaukee, skill, Makita, Robin, Bosch, to
name a few, have similar tools with interchangeable batteries. Many, in
fact, offer several tools which use the same battery as a package deal.
These units sell for more than their corded counterparts. Expect to pay five
hundred for a quality set of tools with batteries and chargers. Sears does
have some of the least expensive models, and there are other less well known
brands which are the least expensive, but I like to stick with known brands.
  The small circular saws which use batteries, are probably the least useful
of the cordless tools, as they are smaller and use up batteries faster than
most other tools, although I have not tried the new higher voltage models. A
trip to Lows or Home Depot will give you plenty to mull over, and you might
want to stop by Sears in the process. Have fun.

  Yours Truly,

  Clifford Wilson