From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Dan Rossi
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 9:35 AM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] portable drill & saw combo

Here is my own two cents. I know most people will disagree with me, but
for the most part, I prefer corded tools over cordless. Except for my
little Bosch driver, most of my experiences with cordless tools has been
not good.

>From my own experience, they offset the weight of the batteries by making
the rest of the tool pretty lightweight. The tools often have less
torque, and several of the tools I have used were awkward because of the
position of the battery pack.

If you are only going to be using them once in a blue moon, the batteries
can be annoying. As they do discharge over time.

Lastly, if you are doing a larger project, constantly exchanging batteries
is annoying.

For about the same money, call it a hundred bucks, you could easily get a
corded circ saw and drill and never have to worry about batteries going
flat.

Finally, does Terrie know that you are considering taking up the hammer
and saw? *GRIN*

--
Blue skies.
Dan Rossi