There could be something in the trap from past owners, and sounds
like the tank flapper may need replaced.
i wouldn't trash the whole thing yet. unbolting it from the floor
will give you a idea of the trap. Run a snake down through it and see
if it hits anything. if that is all cleaned out the only thing your
out is a wax ring to reseal. The flapper is also a cheap fix.

At 06:18 AM 7/6/2009, you wrote:

>Ok, now there's a subject line that grabbed your attention. <smily>
>Here's the deal and no it isn't a crisis as far as an emergency, but
>it will eventually have a greater affect on my water usage, which of
>course affects the bill. Let me see if I can explain the problem as
>concisely as best I can.
>This is a name-brand ttwelet, which doesn't matter perhaps, but just
>want to point out that this isn't the super cheap model and this was
>installed by a previous owner. WIth all that said here is what the
>issue is.
>It seems to take sometimes two or three flushes to get all the
>contents down the line as it were. It never fills to a point where it
>will overflow, but what seems to happen is as the contents go down the
>drain, you don't get the normal sound a twelet makes at the end of the
>flush cycle. It doesn't do anything and a repeated flush will
>eventually produce that sound of successful flush cycle. In addition,
>once the twelet fills, and the valve closes, it sounds as though water
>is running out of the twelet. To further explain this point, it is as
>though once it stops filling, water is leaking internally out of the
>bowl as though water is leaving the trap. THe closest sound that might
>help make this point is when a tworlet is clogged, fills, and you hear
>water trickling through the trap, it is sort of like that sound. Now
>to further carry this point, if I poor water into the bowl, I can
>cause the same sound and what I have been told is that it is possible
>there is a defect in the trap. THis defect could actually be causing
>two issues. One the sound of the water flowing through the trap that
>normally would be very hard to hear is easier to hear because of the
>defect and this defect could also cause contents to have difficulty
>moving through the trap. SO, I guess my question is does that make
>sense? Sounds reasonable, but I'd like to get some other opinions
>before I go out and replace this thing. I would not consider replacing
>it since there is nothing wrong with it, but the fact that at times it
>takes two to three flushes for proper operation, it will in time
>become an expense. Any thoughts appreciated.

Tim
trouble
Verizon FIOS support tech
--Sam Brown