Joy, let me  make mention I understand what both you and Dale are
talking about.   here is a case which came up before in a discussion.
depends on management if they want to get up off their" duff"  to
extend the service to a customer.  We lost the last of those  good
hardware stores   but  if they wanted to they could assist.   Lee

On Wed,
Jul
29, 2009 at 10:33:16AM -0400, Joy Cyr wrote:
> Dear Dale,
> I agree that Home Hardware's coming up a total blank is odd, but according to
> the owner they don't have, (can't order) anything.  There are a lot of older
> doors in town and I think he would carry or definitely order in something if
> it was available to him.
>
> I rather expect to pay high, and to replace the latch mechanism, I do realize
> that it is past where you can just replace the knobs.
>
> I didn't trust my memory so I went to re-measured the door.  I only have a
> fairly simple ruler so I can't be absolutely precise but it is just a shade
> over one and three quarter inches.  If you do come across anything likely I'd
> be thrilled.
>
> Thanks for offering to look,
> Yours sincerely,
> Joy
>
> Please take a few moments to browse and enjoy
> my original artwork at:
> www.tigerfeathers.ca

        "I think he said 'Blessed are the cheesemakers.'"
        "Nonsense, he was obviously referring to all manufacturers of dairy
products."
                -- The Life of Brian
.