Bill, I received the email from you but can not find the message anywhere.

Tom

From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Bill Stephan
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2009 10:42 AM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [BlindHandyMan] surprising question

Bill Stephan,
Kansas City MO
Email: wstep...@everestkc.net <mailto:wstephan%40everestkc.net>
Phone: (816)803-2469

-original message-
From: Tom Hodges <tomhod...@fuse.net <mailto:tomhodges%40fuse.net> >
Date: 11/17/2009 07:35

What really torques my jaws at Home Depot is whenever I ask a clerk for help
finding something, they want to know what I'm using it for. For instance,
I've ask them where I can find the number 8, one inch long, flat head, brass
wood screws. Invariably they will say, what are you using them for? My
canned answer is always, What difference is it to you what I'm using them
for? I told you specifically what I wanted, I didn't ask you for your
opinion on whether I should buy them, or use something else instead.

I'm not saying this has anything to do with the fact that I'm carrying a
white cane or not. I think it's a stupid question regardless.

Can you imagine asking for a three foot long black iron pipe and they ask
you where you intend to put it? At that point, my wife would probably grab
me and say, don't say itTom! I know what you want to say Tom, but please
don't say it.

Anyway, that's my story. If my wife didn't go to Home Depot with me, I
would probably come home with a black eye.

Regards, Tom Hodges