First of all, I don't think many of us have a band saw.

Next, what is a square equal stick?

From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Matt
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2009 9:54 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Re: another measuring device:

I don't know why you guys don't just use a fence, or set one up on the
bandsaw and feed it so far with a stop, then either grab it on the other
side of the blade and pull it through, or pull it out and feed it the other
way until you met in the middle. Even if you got a rough edge you could
always straiten it out on the sander afterwards?
I intend to try a square equal stick instead of messing with flattening a
dowel. Mainly because I hate to waste the dowel.
Matt