My watch just bit the dust, and I need to replace it.  I kind of like having a
talking one at home for the convenience when it is just me, but really a
braille one is more appropriate in public.
What are your thoughts on the merits of both.

I am not working in a shop the way many of you guys are, but I suspect we have
a lot of the same needs.  I also am thinking about just getting a cheap one as
I do seem to go through them quickly.

Also, does anyone know why it is necessary for talking watches to actually say
the words "the time is.." instead of just saying the time?  How about a little
ping on the hour instead of the whole beg sentence getting the rooms attention
too.

Jennifer