From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Dale Leavens
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 9:35 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Radiant floor heating.

under floor electric heat isn't bad considering the general cost of electric
heat. Usually it is in a small room, a bathroom which might be a hundred or
so square feet 25% or more of which is covered with shower stalls, tubs,
vanities and so on. The ambient temperature of the dwelling will probably be
around 70 degrees F so you aren't topping it up much.

Heating an entire home that way though would be a lot more expensive. funny
really, my first home nearly 40 years ago was all electric with R12 in the
walls and R20 in the ceilings and promoted as being the way of the future.
Within a couple of years though that turned out to be a myth. Electric heat
is cheap to install though.

If I was Han Solo I'd probably pet my wookie