Aloha Blaine,
My only comment at the moment is that I would
definitely raise that electrical socket rather
than having a hole that the cords pass through to
be plugged in. First, if it is a socket that you
use for more than two things you'll be crawling
underneath that counter and it will eventually
get old. Secondly, no matter how careful you are,
crumbs, dust and spilled liquid will be able to
fall through that hole. I can just imagine
spilled liquid running down the cords and into the socket. Yikes...
Betsy