From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Terry Klarich
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2010 3:04 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com; Alan & Terrie Robbins
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Sheet goods carrier.

Well, I don't know what color mine is. I never thaught to ask. It is about
16" tall. at the top is a handle much like a suitcase
would have. On either side of the handle are 2 rails. These rails angle down
at a 45 degree angle for 2" or 3". This makes room
between the handle and what you are carrying for your hand. At the bottom,
there is a shelf with a lip. The shelf is about 2"
ddeep and 7" or 8" wide. With the sheet leaning against something and
resting on one of the long sides, one places the carrier
under the middle of the long side. I use mine by grabbing the handle with
the palm of my hand facing my body and the back of my
hand facing the sheet material. This hand and arm supports the entire
weight. My other hand grabs the opisit edge to steady the
material. This hand is up by my head.

I can easily carry a 3/4" sheet of MDF with out denking up the corners. I
first got it when I needed to handle some baltic birch
plywood. This stuff comes in 5' x 5' sheets. Being I'm 5 ft 6, I find it
uncomfortable to span that distance with my arms plus
lift the material.

Terry
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:44:22 -0400y u write: