From: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com [mailto:blindhandy...@yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Terry Klarich
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 8:18 PM
To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Router bit life

The most important factor is the quality of the bit. I have decided, I will
always purchase the higher quality bits rather than going cheap. Never
purchase high speed steel. These bits dull quickly and leave burn marks on
the wood.

Mainly, the carbide bits appear to get dull if they are coated in pitch. The
best advice I have is clean them before you put them away. Also, keep them
from knocking into eachother or other hard surface. The cutting edge can
chip some what easily.

I have heard of folks sharpening their bits with a diamond file; but, have
never done it. I do know the bit is usually sharpened from the back flat
side.

That's my $0.02.

Terry
On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 18:21:38 -0400you write: