Aloha Lenny,
I don't have that exact item, but something similar. When mine
stopped working well, it was the connection between the end of the
brush and the outer enclosure. I bought a new brush, about $10 and
all was well. I think taking it apart to see what's happening will be
okay. Mine didn't have any of those little nasty springs that jump
out and fly across the room in it.
Good luck,
Betsy