It helps.

Thanks.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: NLG
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 10:15 PM
  Subject: Re: [BlindHandyMan] Tacumseh engine carbeurator question

  That part is called a needle valve.
  Hope this helps.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dale Leavens
  To: blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, June 11, 2010 9:43 PM

  Good evening,

  I have a wood chipper and leaf shredder powered by a horizontal four stroke
Tecumseh engine. The damn engine has given me a lot of grief over the years,
trouble starting after periods of inactivity. Oddly, this year it has behaved
fairly well. Then it began leaking fuel around the top of the sediment bowl.
The problem appears to be the little pin like valve arrangement which should
close off the fuel flow when the float raises and pushes the little beggar into
the orifice. Well I disassembled it, there is a little spring clip which I was
trying to figure out where it connects when I lost the little pin like valve
closer in the grass.

  I need to know what this little bad boy is called so I can see if I can chase
down a new one.

  It is a 6 or 8 sided pin about half an inch long I suppose beveled to a point
at one end and with a ring milled out very near the other end where this little
spring wire clip snaps onto it. It sits on top of the float so, when the float
is up it pushes firmly into the fuel port from the fuel tank.

  Those of you with mechanical training may know what this little device is
called.

  Thanks for this.

  Dale leavens.