There are pipe clamps that use black iron pipe. You canuse any length pipe.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan & Terrie Robbins" <arobb...@nycap.rr.com>
To: "Blindhandyman" <blindhandyman@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 8:36 AM
Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Clamping system

I am replacing the surface of my 12 by 16 deck with 16 foot
long five quarter by 6 decking. I remember the last time I
did this when getting to the last 3 to 4 foot of each board
it would become necessary to pry the board over to have it
remain tight with the previous one installed. This gets a
bit tricky when you also have to drill a pilot hole and
drive deck screws. Do they make any type expandable clamping
system to assist with this type task? I'm envisioning
something like a threaded rod with some type crank on one
end that could draw the parts together? It would need to be
expandable by adding say additional 4 foot sections as
needed. If they do make something like this I would have
many different type uses for it. Would something like this
be available at Home Depot? What would it be called. Thanks
in advance for all replies

Al

blindhandyman-ow...@yahoogroups.com
http://www.acbradio.org/pweb/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=33&MMN_position=47:29