  From: Alan & Terrie Robbins
  To: Blindhandyman
  Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2010 8:36 AM
  Subject: [BlindHandyMan] Clamping system

  I am replacing the surface of my 12 by 16 deck with 16 foot
  long five quarter by 6 decking. I remember the last time I
  did this when getting to the last 3 to 4 foot of each board
  it would become necessary to pry the board over to have it
  remain tight with the previous one installed. This gets a
  bit tricky when you also have to drill a pilot hole and
  drive deck screws. Do they make any type expandable clamping
  system to assist with this type task? I'm envisioning
  something like a threaded rod with some type crank on one
  end that could draw the parts together? It would need to be
  expandable by adding say additional 4 foot sections as
  needed. If they do make something like this I would have
  many different type uses for it. Would something like this
  be available at Home Depot? What would it be called. Thanks
  in advance for all replies

  Al