Thanks for all the additional discussion and context. I wasn't aware
of what a shaky ground we were on here today. I agree with the conclusion
that we should firm it up somewhat before shipping this new API. So
consider my LGTM rescinded for now. But please come back once you feel the
highlighting foundation is solid enough to be safe to build upon.