Le 10/11/2021 à 22:11, Daniel Bratell a écrit :

The 0.0028% number is low, but I wonder what the effect will be on the sites that use webkit-pictograph today. Will they get another font containing the same glyphs, or is there a risk a symbol won't show at all?

If they "just" gets a differently looking font, then the risk is even smaller.

/Daniel

Hi, in general when you have a character in a page, browsers will do their best to select a glyph for that characters, trying available fonts, with the choice guided by the list specified in font-family. So I believe (font expert please correct me if I'm wrong) removing a generic font family should just affect the choice, not the visibility of the symbol.

Moreover, quoting the initial message of this thread: