On Wednesday, February 2, 2022 at 9:25:54 AM UTC+1 Manuel Rego wrote:

> TAG suggested back in July that this API something specific to Chrome or
> Google Play Store. It looks like this hasn't been done, any good reason
> to not doing that?

>From my perspective, I believe that piece of feedback runs contrary to Blink's
interoperability principles
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1romO1kHzpcwTwPsCzrkNWlh0bBXBwHfUsCt98-CNzkY/edit#heading=h.t71a2ioil8j0>,

and is contrary to what we (well, I) told the API's developers when they came
to this list with a proprietary proposal
<https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/blink-dev/c/vkS3k30lWNs/m/Gt4sKECQEgAJ>
.
The proposal got a lot of interest
<https://discourse.wicg.io/t/proposal-web-payments-digital-product-management-api/4350>
 on
WICG, and even if the only store that implements it is the Google Play
Store, I think there's value in having an interoperable API that would
enable other Chromiums to ship, as well as enable implementations in
non-Chromium Android browsers. I'd also be hesitant to exclude the possibility
of other stores
<https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/571#issuecomment-861188412>
implementing this API as well in the future.