The main reason for partial WPT coverage is that the API is formulated with
some key MAY-s, in order to accommodate Safari's different media-picker
model. The errors should be the same on all platforms, and are tested. But
whether the focus goes to the captured or capturing page is left to the UA
to decide, and so cannot be effectively tested by WPT. (Chromium does have
browser tests for that.)

A strong secondary reason, btw, is the disproportionate difficulty of
testing this API reliably using WPT.