I think that we should ship this. It's a high profile and in-demand new
feature <https://2022.stateofcss.com/en-US/usage/#missing_features_freeform>,
so I have a few questions and comments first.

Taking a look at the open spec issues (
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/labels/css-nesting-1) some are
explicitly ideas for future changes, but are there any where shipping
amounts to a decision that isn't easily changed? I'm thinking especially of
the CSSOM issues.

In https://wpt.fyi/results/css/css-nesting there's a single subtest
failure, related to how a rule serializes. Is that implemented per spec, or
is it tied up with the open CSSOM issues?

Regarding the threat of a formal objection, there doesn't appear to be any
solution that would fully satisfy everyone, but I trust your judgment that
this is the best option. Additionally, we should not pre-commit Blink to
shipping parser changes, and accept the possibility that what we ship now
is the final shape of the feature.