Hi all,

We wanted to provide an update after reviewing Mozilla’s feedback and a few
rounds of good discussion in the threads.  We are making several small but
significant changes based on the suggestions, after which we’d like to
launch Private State Tokens in order to support some anti-fraud use cases
that are currently using 3rd party cookies, so developers don't turn to
fingerprinting as a replacement.  This will also let us benefit from
additional feedback in the wild before making final decisions on some of
the other suggested changes.  We believe we'll be able to migrate the
ecosystem to whichever option we settle on in the final standard (issue #235
<https://github.com/WICG/trust-token-api/issues/235> explains our rationale
and approach for how we’re triaging the feedback and managing potential
migrations).

We have several specification improvements in flight, which will hopefully
address all of the spec concerns raised, and we plan to make the following
code changes:

   -

   Removal Private Metadata Bit from web API (we still intend to keep the
   Chromium implementation around to support non-web-visible features; but it
   will no longer be available via the Private State Token API) until the
   crypto can be standardized.
   -

   Update to the current VOPRF version.
   -

   Add permissions policy for token issuance to match the existing policy
   for token redemption.
   -

   Remove 'type' from the API.

We are targeting these changes to land in M114.

Thanks,

Eric & PST team