LGTM3 to change the limit to 8MB, for the reasons Andreas outlined (maximum
function size, reasonable runtime on a low-end phone).

Also, I can totally see increasing the limit in the future, as the
implementation is optimized further, typical hardware speeds increase, or
there are compelling examples of developer use cases that come up. For now,
8MB seems a reasonable & conservative choice.

Thanks Andreas for your patience on this thread, and for providing such
useful data points!

Chris