Seems like a pretty tiny addition to an already shipped feature. Just one
question on future compat:

On Mon, Jul 17, 2023 at 7:34 AM Ari Chivukula <aric...@chromium.org> wrote:

> Contact emails
>
> aric...@chromium.org, miketa...@chromium.org, yoavwe...@chromium.org
>
> Specification
>
> https://w3c.github.io/webappsec-clear-site-data/
>
> Summary
>
> Websites will now be able to clear all storage targets (“cookies”,
> “cache”, and “storage”) by sending `Clear-Site-Data: “*”`. Note that Chrome
> does not support clearing “executionContexts” at the moment, but if we
> added it in the future any header targeting “*” would then clear them too.

What's the risk we'll find we can't actually do that for web compat
reasons? Eg. sites deploying "*" today without appreciating the
implications of asking for pages to be reloaded, then when we add
"executionContexts" support in the future the user experience degrades
enough that we can't actually ship it as part of the "*" set? Do we have
guidance for developers on when to use "*" vs. a specific list?

Note: This was proposed in 2017, but never launched in Chrome.

> Blink component
>
> Blink>Storage
> <https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/list?q=component%3ABlink%3EStorage>
>
> Motivation
>
> If a website really wanted to clear all data they would have to list all
> possible targets in the header and be sure to check if any were added in
> the future. By using “*” as the target, a website can be sure all data the
> browser supports to clear via the header will be cleared.
>
> TAG review
>
> https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/62
>

> Compatibility & Interoperability
>
> We would be the first to implement if approved.

Does Firefox (and older Chrome) just ignore the "*" token today? I.e. can
developers list a set of tokens along with "*" in order to use this
compatibly on both Chrome and Firefox?

Gecko: Positive <https://github.com/mozilla/standards-positions/issues/90>