This mentions it's supported in Android WebView, but WebView has always
used the font size specified in the OS to scale text specifically (*not* to
scale CSS pixels):
https://source.chromium.org/chromium/chromium/src/+/main:android_webview/java/src/org/chromium/android_webview/AwSettings.java;l=296;drc=334d01268df246e959b238956ab956413562edfb

Does this change actually affect WebView? If so, how? If it ends up
stacking with the text zoom we are already doing then the results may not
be desirable.