> > I see that https://drafts.csswg.org/selectors-4/#issue-df919919 states
that this and the :invalid/:valid flavors should apply to forms and
fieldset elements. It doesn't look like the WPTs test for that - what do we
do for those elements, and do you know if it's interoperable?

> We don't have WPTs at the moment. Based on my testing, it looks like
firefox chrome and safari all don't apply :user-valid or :user-invalid to
form elements. I opened a spec issue to discuss:
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/9257

I am adding WPTs here:
https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/4839394
I think that we have rough consensus in the spec issue as well to not apply
:user-valid or :user-invalid to form or fieldset elements.