A few more inline comments, thanks!

On Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 10:41 AM Mike Taylor <miketa...@chromium.org> wrote:

> Hi Nan, a few questions inline:
> On 10/6/23 8:45 AM, Nan Lin wrote:
>
> Contact emails
>
> lin...@chromium.org, johni...@chromium.org
>
> Explainer
>
> Attribution Reporting with event-level reports
> <https://github.com/WICG/attribution-reporting-api/blob/main/EVENT.md>
>
> Attribution Reporting API with Aggregatable Reports
> <https://github.com/WICG/attribution-reporting-api/blob/main/AGGREGATE.md>
>
> Aggregation Service for the Attribution Reporting API
> <https://github.com/WICG/attribution-reporting-api/blob/main/AGGREGATION_SERVICE_TEE.md>
>
> Specification
>
> https://wicg.github.io/attribution-reporting-api/
>
> Blink component
>
> Internals > AttributionReporting
> <https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/list?q=component:Internals%3EAttributionReporting>
>
> Summary
>
> We plan on landing one change to the Attribution Reporting API focused on:
>
>    -
>
>    Multiple cloud providers support for aggregate reporting, supporting
>    AWS and GCP
>    -
>
>       **Note**: This change will also affect Private Aggregation API
>       <https://github.com/patcg-individual-drafts/private-aggregation-api>’s
>       aggregatable reports by adding a new top-level field
>       aggregation_coordinator_origin.
>
> Does this proposed change correspond to the TODO at the bottom of
> https://github.com/WICG/attribution-reporting-api/blob/main/AGGREGATE.md#data-processing-through-a-secure-aggregation-service?
> I think no, but I'm not entirely sure.

The TODO is actually related to the proposed change. We have a pending PR
<https://github.com/WICG/attribution-reporting-api/pull/1068> to expose the
allowlist of the aggregation coordinator origins that will be used to
verify the aggregation coordinator origin specified in the API surface. Any
origins not included in the allowlist will be rejected.

> In the Private Aggregation API,
> https://patcg-individual-drafts.github.io/private-aggregation-api/#serializing-reports
> seems to define this aggregation_coordinator_origin but there's an open
> inline spec issue just after (pointing to a closed issue 78). Is that
> entirely resolved, or are there still open questions that may change the
> API?

This is not resolved yet and the proposed spec change is here
<https://github.com/patcg-individual-drafts/private-aggregation-api/pull/106>.
The aggregation coordinator selection is not supported in Private
Aggregation API yet, which is being spec'ed and implemented,
but the aggregatable reports created by the API will include the
aggregation_coordinator_origin field with the default value.