https://sqlite.org/releaselog/3_44_0.html

Recently, SQLite released version 3.44.0, introducing a series of
security-related enhancements and improvements. Given the critical role of
SQLite in Chrome's infrastructure, I would like to draw your attention to
some security benefits associated with upgrading to this latest version:

SQLite_DBCONFIG_DEFENSIVE Enhancement: The SQLITE_DBCONFIG_DEFENSIVE
setting now prevents the PRAGMA writable_schema from being turned on. This
eliminates the potential risk associated with writable_schema and enhances
the overall defensive posture of SQLite.

Innocuous Tagging of Virtual Tables: The built-in FTS3, FTS4, FTS5, RTREE,
and GEOPOLY virtual tables are now tagged as SQLITE_VTAB_INNOCUOUS. This
allows their usage inside triggers in high-security deployments, ensuring
compatibility without compromising security.
ggggGG
Run-time Detection of Hardware Support: SQLite now performs run-time
detection of whether the underlying hardware supports "long double" with
precision greater than "double." This adaptive approach ensures that
appropriate floating-point routines are used based on the hardware
capabilities, mitigating potential vulnerabilities.

PRAGMA case_sensitive_like Deprecation: The deprecation of the PRAGMA
case_sensitive_like statement addresses potential issues related to
database corruption when the schema contains LIKE operators. By
discontinuing its use, potential security concerns are proactively
mitigated.

Considering the security improvements and advancements outlined above, I
would like to advocate for the careful consideration of upgrading SQLite in
Chrome to version 3.44.0. This update not only introduces new features but
also strengthens the security posture of the SQLite integration within the
Chrome environment.