On Wed, Dec 6, 2023 at 1:16 AM 'Fergal Daly' via blink-dev <
blink-dev@chromium.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Dec 2023 at 13:55, Fergal Daly <fer...@google.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 6 Dec 2023 at 12:29, Vladimir Levin <vmp...@chromium.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you for the update!
>>>
>>> This is a good write up. One comment / question below
>>>
>>> From the doc:
>>> for the first time upon being restored from a back/forward navigation,
>>> which guarantees that your login state check will let you reset the page to
>>> a non sensitive state.
>>>
>>> Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the viz surface displaying the
>>> persisted contents may be embedded and shown before the page produces a new
>>> frame. So although technically it is correct that this event will fire
>>> before the page produces a rendering and a new frame, a version of the
>>> content may be shown prior to that.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if I'm being overly pedantic here, or whether my
>>> understanding of this flow is incorrect.
>>>

>> I don't know if that's correct. I didn't think we kept any of the pixels
>> while in BFCache. If you are correct, that sounds like a bug. I've filed
>> https://crbug.com/1508728. Do you know who would know the answer to this?
>>

> This is weird. Here's a test page
> https://fergald.github.io/random/bfcache/pixels/ When it's restored from
> BFCache it has a pageshow handlers that
> - pauses for 5s
> - flips the colour from red->blue or blue->red.
>
> What's weird is that going fwd/back
>
> on desktop:
> - the old BG-Colour is shown for 5s (but the page seems to be blank apart
> from that)

I see the old page being shown for 5 seconds in this case, which I think is
the viz surface that can presumably expose sensitive information:
https://youtu.be/Bld0EWWpQcQ I don't know if the treatment is different if
we have CCNS.

I've cc'ed some people on the bug that would know for sure.

Thanks!

- then the content appears and the colour changes