On Fri, Feb 2, 2024 at 7:37 PM Mason Freed <mas...@chromium.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 2, 2024 at 9:37 AM Vladimir Levin <vmp...@google.com> wrote:
>
>> It's good to know that QuillJS seems to be addressing their issue in 2.0,
>> although the currently published stable version is still 1.x. I just wanted
>> to verify the timeline for disabling these features. The trial is for
>> 124-134 and the feature will be turned off by default in 127. Sounds
>> reasonable to me, but I'd encourage checking whether QuillJS ships to 2.0
>> in the 127 timeframe :)
>>

> I 100% agree. I have been trying to follow up
> <https://github.com/quilljs/quill/issues/3806#issuecomment-1886077331>
> with that team to see what the timeline looks like. But more importantly, I
> did my own testing and I can't see any negative effects on QuillJS pre-2.0
> with Mutation Events disabled. So my hope is that even if the timeline
> doesn't line up, things might be "ok".

Note that them shipping 2.0 and everyone upgrading to 2.0 are not the same
thing, and is unlikely to happen at the same time..

> That's another important thing: I've been running locally with Mutation
> Events disabled completely for about 4 months now, and I have yet to notice
> anything broken. That's anecdotal, but makes me feel a bit better that
> perhaps even if there is usage on a site, it might not be critical or
> noticable.

What would breakage look like? Are we expecting JS to be borked entirely?
Or do we expect the events to stop firing, resulting in hopefully smaller
and less-visible breakage?