On Thu, Feb 8, 2024, 22:56 Yoshisato Yanagisawa <yyanagis...@chromium.org>
wrote:

> Contact emails
>
> yyanagis...@chromium.org, sisidov...@chromium.org
>
> Explainer
>
> https://github.com/WICG/service-worker-static-routing-api
>
> Specification
>
> https://github.com/w3c/ServiceWorker/pull/1701
>
> Summary
>
> This API allows developers to configure the routing, and allows them to
> offload simple things ServiceWorkers do.  If the condition matches, the
> navigation happens without starting ServiceWorkers or executing JavaScript,
> which allows web pages to avoid performance penalties due to ServiceWorker
> interceptions.
>

> Blink component
>
> Blink>ServiceWorker
> <https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/list?q=component:Blink%3EServiceWorker>
>
> TAG review
>
> https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/863
>
> TAG review status
>
> Issues addressed
>
> Chromium Trial Name
>
> ServiceWorkerStaticRouter
>
> Link to origin trial feedback summary
>

> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mE3tngHQdz0s66Z_iIGksFxQui3taogP8pDafLUHMEg/edit#heading=h.ia9i7k1ocjnq

I just want to say that it's heartening to see OT feedback being taken
seriously and addressed in rigorous manner.

> Origin Trial documentation link
>

> https://github.com/WICG/service-worker-static-routing-api?tab=readme-ov-file#origin-trial
>
> Risks
>
> Interoperability and Compatibility
>
> Gecko: Positive (https://github.com/mozilla/standards-positions/issues/828
> )
>
> WebKit: No signal (
> https://github.com/WebKit/standards-positions/issues/206) Informal
> positive signals at TPAC, but no official standards position.

It seems like the only concerns with this proposal (in TAG and elsewhere)
was the status of URLPattern in the spec, but that has been since resolved.
Is this your understanding as well?