We met today and discussed this intent as OWNERS, and would like you to still request a vendor position from Mozilla (as I requested earlier). If this change doesn't result in interop with Safari, can you also file a vendor position for them? My read of the explainer is that we should be matching Safari, but confirming would be good. Please consider shipping contingent on this request.

https://github.com/mozilla/standards-positions
https://github.com/WebKit/standards-positions

thanks,
Mike