On Wed, Mar 13, 2024 at 12:36 PM Yoav Weiss (@Shopify) <
yoavwe...@chromium.org> wrote:

> On Monday, March 11, 2024 at 6:36:07 AM UTC-4 Noam Rosenthal wrote:
>
> I've run a rough HTTP archive query on it, testing all HTTP responses last
> month (666 million):
> getComputedStyle with an argument that doesn't begin with "::" is called
> in 0.45% of pages, out of which 55% is ":before", 28% is after, and the
> vast majority of the rest are invalid pseudo-element names (e.g. "height"
> or "display").
> There were extremely rare cases that would be affected:
> getComputedStyle(element, ":placeholder") or getComputedStyle(element,
> ":marker"), about 0.00001% of requests (34 out of 666 million).
>
> Is this considering all requests? What's the %age when only looking at
> HTML and CSS responses? (or on pages)

I refined the query a bit and use January dataset. So this will potentially
affect 89 pages out of 17M (226 responses of 420M). So one in every 200,000
pages:
Total Pages 17,399,427
Total URLs 420,144,799
Potentially affected Pages 89
Potentially affected URLs 226
% Affected Pages 0.0005%
% affected URLs 0.0001%
I'm still running the refinement to only use HTML/JS responses (this is not
CSS) but I'm not sure it will tell us something new.