Contact emails

pauljen...@chromium.org, behamil...@google.com

Explainer

Chrome:
https://github.com/WICG/turtledove/blob/main/FLEDGE_browser_bidding_and_auction_API.md

Services:
https://github.com/privacysandbox/fledge-docs/blob/main/bidding_auction_services_api.md

Note that this explainer has a helpful onboarding section
<https://github.com/privacysandbox/fledge-docs/blob/main/bidding_auction_services_api.md#onboarding-and-alpha-testing-guide>
for setting up the services.

Specification

A work-in-progress pull request
<https://pr-preview.s3.amazonaws.com/brusshamilton/turtledove/pull/1200.html>
on the Protected Audience spec <https://wicg.github.io/turtledove/>
describes some of the changes to the W3C spec. We are reaching out to the
IETF ART Area Directors for assistance beginning the standardization
process for some of the server-side aspects of this API.

Summary

We propose extending the Bidding and Auction Services origin trial
currently operating on 1% stable.

Recent changes:

   -

   Prompted by developer concerns about scalability, we have recently added
   support in M127 for limiting the size of the Bidding and Auction request
   payload
   -

   We also added controls to enable sellers to select which buyers are
   included in the payload when it doesn’t affect the outwardly visible size
   of the encrypted data.
   -

   Additionally the Bidding and Auction server has recently added support
   for features such as buyerReportingId and bid currency.

We have decided to extend the experiment to give developers time to
experiment with the new features. We would like to request extending the
end milestone from M127 to M130.

Blink component

Blink>InterestGroups
<https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/list?q=component:Blink%3EInterestGroups>

TAG review

For Protected Audience: https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/723

TAG review status

Completed for Protected Audience, resolved unsatisfied.

Interoperability and CompatibilityGecko & WebKit: No signal on parent
proposal, Protected Audience.  Asked in the Mozilla forum here
<https://github.com/mozilla/standards-positions/issues/770>, and in the
Webkit forum here <https://github.com/WebKit/standards-positions/issues/158>
.Edge: Microsoft has proposed their Ad Selection API (
https://github.com/WICG/privacy-preserving-ads/
<https://github.com/WICG/privacy-preserving-ads/tree/main>) as a similar
TEE on-server auction API. That API looks like it would have an identical
Web Platform API as the Bidding and Auction Services API. We have biweekly
meetings with Microsoft, and are open to collaborating on specifying the
API.

WPT Tests

We have started to implement some tests
<https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/5622101?>, but