or LGTM2 - sorry, race condition.

On 7/31/24 11:46 AM, Mike Taylor wrote:

Thanks for the v2 updates.

LGTM1

On 7/30/24 2:09 PM, Reilly Grant wrote:
On Tue, Jul 16, 2024 at 1:20 PM Robbie McElrath <rmcelr...@chromium.org> wrote:

        Thanks - before I jump too deeply into the review, would you
        mind requesting the various review gate bits in your
        chromestatus entry?

    Done. We've been using launch/ for the approvals so far. I added
    a link to the corresponding launch/ approval in chromestatus when
    applicable.

        No, the IWA security rules are enforced with existing web
        primitives (CSP/TT, permissions policy, COI) that already
        have DevTools support. There is some non-DevTools tooling
        needed to build and sign the bundle, but I don't think
        there's a use case for adding bundle-related functionality
        into DevTools.
        Makes sense. Are there plans to build said tooling and make
        it available to ease adoption?

    Yeah, we already have JS tooling available to create bundles
    <https://github.com/WICG/webpackage/tree/main/js/bundle>, sign
    bundles <https://github.com/WICG/webpackage/tree/main/js/sign>
    (the new integrity block format is already supported), and a
    webpack

<https://github.com/GoogleChromeLabs/webbundle-plugins/blob/main/packages/webbundle-webpack-plugin/README.md>
    and rollup

<https://github.com/GoogleChromeLabs/webbundle-plugins/tree/main/packages/rollup-plugin-webbundle>
    plugin. These make it easy to integrate with existing npm-based
    flows, see the telnet demo app

<https://github.com/GoogleChromeLabs/telnet-client/blob/main/webpack.wbn.js#L36>
    for an example. There's also a go tool
    <https://github.com/WICG/webpackage/tree/main/go/bundle> that can
    build and sign bundles, but it doesn't support integrity block v2
    yet. Updating the go version has been lower priority as we don't
    know of anyone that actually used it.

        Integrity block v2 was recently proposed to address key
        rotation related issues with v1. The internal design doc is
        here: go/iwa-key-rotation
        <https://goto.google.com/iwa-key-rotation>. Yes, we will be
        speccing this.
        Great - any idea of when you might have some version of a
        spec draft ready?

    The engineer working on this estimates it being done in the next
    few weeks.

An update to the Integrity Block explainer with the version 2 format landed in https://github.com/WICG/webpackage/pull/892.

            <https://chromestatus.com/feature/5146307550248960>

            Links to previous Intent discussions

            Intent to prototype:

https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/blink-dev/CAEmk%3DMayyUjocrvyQKgu-bZy_4z5VJ0ijHCAijBTZY2xLwJpJQ%40mail.gmail.com

<https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/blink-dev/CAEmk%3DMayyUjocrvyQKgu-bZy_4z5VJ0ijHCAijBTZY2xLwJpJQ%40mail.gmail.com>

            This intent message was generated by Chrome Platform
            Status <https://chromestatus.com/>.

-- You received this message because you are subscribed to
            the Google Groups "blink-dev" group.
            emails from it, send an email to
            blink-dev+unsubscr...@chromium.org
            <mailto:blink-dev+unsubscr...@chromium.org>.