Le 29/07/2026 à 15:10, David A a écrit :

*Is this feature fully tested by web-platform-tests <https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/main/docs/testing/web_platform_tests.md>?*
Yeshttps://wpt.fyi/results/css/css-overflow/scroll-axis-lock.html

Hello,

I'm a bit late on this thread but I was looking at this feature recently and I think the set of WPT tests was a bit limited (e.g. inheritance or viewport scrolling were not covered). I've been adding a few more tests and once corresponding CLs land they should show up at https://wpt.fyi/results/css/css-overflow?label=master&label=experimental&aligned&q=scroll-axis-lock

One particular use case is viewport scrolling of the main document, which from my testing is the only situation where iOS browsers perform axis lock. To change that default behavior, developers would need to apply "scroll-axis-lock: none" on the root element but there were no tests for this in WPT, this is not explicit in the explainer/spec and Chromium does not properly propagate the style either. I'm fixing these here:

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/14497

https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/8369240

https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/c/chromium/src/+/8412027

CL 8412027 has already been approved, fixes an obvious bug in Chromium and is quite small. Do API owners think it is ok to land it without a runtime flag ?

Thank you,

Frédéric Wang Nélar

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"blink-dev" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion visit 
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/blink-dev/6120b31e-b38f-4f12-a2ce-8236f62a73fa%40igalia.com.

Reply via email to