I see this a lot too.
I happen to be a member of both the ACB and NFB. Yeah, I know, its rare. I use
both orgs as tools to get what I need done.

Now, what I have found among the blind is that a lot of us are very anal
retentive. It may have a lot to do with the fact that we have to be super
organized. There is nothing wrong with that. However, the failure to compromise
can be a bit of a sticking point. This is rather unfortunate as there is good
talent among the blind, but with such mentality as to cause a lot of friction,
even with other blind folks.

btw, I am also a blind nerd, but I have learned over the years that being
inflexible can have serious consequences, especially for me. call it a maturing
process. Its something we all have to learn (and it is easier for some and not
so much so for others).

-eric