Tony Baechler here.

I totally agree about the blind community. You forgot the third group. We have the ACB, NFB and those who don't care and won't join either. I'm seeing more of those. However, no, F12 isn't the standard. Window-Eyes uses Insert+T. Should Insert+T read the title as with NVDA or say the time? Fortunately, that's why hotkeys can easily be modified. As I said, nothing is stopping you or anyone from developing an addon or plugin to customize hotkeys to act like another screen reader.