Eric Oyen hereā€¦

looks like some good points all around on this posting. For the most part, a
kernel level speech interface can be a good thing, except when it isn't. What I
wouldn't mind seeing is the addition of a speak up type module for EFI. The
reason for this as that I might need to be able to troubleshoot some hardware
issues and the current EFI standard doesn't include any kind of accessibility.
Since EFI operates largely like a Linux-Lite environment, it shouldn't be that
hard to compile a small utility for it, make sure the sound module is loaded
and give us access to the text screen that is available there. This would make
for a system that could be accessible to those of us with no light perception
and would be terminated after exiting the EFI console.

THoughts?

-eric