As root or root using sudo:
usermod -aG brlapi <user>
where <user> is the name of the user account to be added to the brlapi
group.
Then reboot.
As the user, type groups <enter>
and you should see brlapi as a group your user is in then.

-- Jude <jdashiel at panix dot com> "There are four boxes to be used in
defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that
order." Ed Howdershelt 1940.