On 09/11/2014 06:48 PM, Rich Brown wrote:
Jonathan,

Could we make use of the existing test servers (running netperf) for that
demonstration?  How hard is the protocol to fake in Javascript?

Not having coded a stitch of this, I *think* it would require the following:

- Web page on netperf-xxx.bufferbloat.net that served out the javascript
(required to get around cross-domain protections within the browser)

- Javascript function to connect back to that host on port 12865 and fake out
the netserver with TCP_STREAM or TCP_MAERTS request

- Javascript that's efficient enough to source/swallow full-rate data stream

- Cloning the code from https://github.com/apenwarr/blip to make fake pings
from TCP requests

Anyone know more than I do about this?

Not about the javascript stuff, but your high level description of the netperf side sounds plausible. There are a few control messages netperf will exchange with netserver that if you want to leverage a remote netserver will need to be included. You can run a netperf command with a higher debug level to see them.

rick jones