> On Nov 23, 2016, at 19:09, Mikael Abrahamsson <swm...@swm.pp.se> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 23 Nov 2016, David Lang wrote:
>
>> Deploy what we already know to work on the real edge devices and things get
>> vastly simpler.

        One problem will be that the actual edge devices are often ISP supplied
and hence extremely cost sensitive; combined with increasing bandwidth in many
ISP offerings, having  CPEs that can perform ingress shaping at “modern” rates
looks challenging if the same CPEs also need to be very cheap. Egress shaping
is a different kettle of fish though and for most asymmetric plans the CPE
either should have enough punch or might be amendable to a BQL-like solution
that could e actually relatively computationally cheap. But for that to happen
we would need to convince ISPs and/or CPE chipset manufacturer (or better those
engineers that create the drivers for the SDKs).

> Sure! Sounds Great. How?

        Getting a big ISP on board would already be a great start, if combined
with a tiny bit of PR…?

Best Regards
        Sebastian